It’s required by law.
Third-party services require it.
It helps you be transparent.
You have your rights.
Under the NZ Privacy Act, agencies (organisations and businesses) have to respect your personal information, any information that can identify you as an individual.
You have your responsibilities.
You are the person best able to protect your privacy. You can do this by knowing your rights, being aware of the risks and knowing how to avoid them.
- The types of information collected by website, app or service
- The reason for collecting the data
- Data storage, security, and access
- All essential details of data transfers
- Affiliated websites or organizations (third parties included)
- The contact details of who to ask for clarifications or to exercise your rights.